ConcernedApe, the developer on this year's indie darling, Stardew Valley dropped a couple of major announcements concerning the game's future. Chief among them perhaps was the confirmation of a console version for the game. Here's the official list.
- Version 1.1 — A substantial content update
- Co-op Multiplayer
- Localizing for non-english regions
- Mac/Linux Ports
- Console PortsMerchandise
Content update 1.1 also comes with a fair amount of updates and they are as follows:
- More late-game content
- New farm buildings
- New crops
- New artisan goods
- New advanced farming/producing mechanics
- Shane and Emily will be marriage candidates. They will also have more events and dialogue as a result.
- More marriage content for all spouses
- More events for the non-marriage NPC’s
- Improvements/Additions to mining and combat
- Ability to move buildings and other convenience features
- More bug fixes
- More secrets
- More small, fun touches to the world
Eric Barone is the lone member of ConcernedApe, so to help with the porting job, he announced that he has reached an agreement with Chucklefish to handle the console port of the game. There is no timetable on any of these details, it is merely a confirmation of what is to come.