Milky Tea Studios announced today that their previously PC-exclusive Kart Racer, Coffin Dodgers will be hitting Xbox One and PS4 this May. PlayStation owners will get the game on May 3rd, followed by the Xbox One on May 6th.
Coffin Dodgers is a kart racing game built in the vein of Mario Kart that sees 7 old retirement home residents attempt to keep the Grim Reaper at bay by racing him in their "pimped up" motorized scooters. Players can augment their scooters with different weapons and gadgets to tune their kart experience to their liking.
Official details about the game are as follows via Milky Tea Studios' official press release.
- “Road Rash” style player-to-player combat with wacky weapons and geriatric gadgets.
- Character ragdoll physics!
- Upgradable mobility scooters with modifications to suit your driving style.
- Select from 7 old, quirky but full of life retirement village residents.
- Unlock and play as the Grim Reaper himself!
- Invite your friends to the 2-4 Split-Screen Multiplayer Mode!
- Battle your way through a Single-Player Story Mode with races and challenges set around the beautifully crafted Sunny Pines retirement village.
- Challenge yourself with the 3D open world “Crazy Granddad” Mode.
The game also features a Snatch mode where all of the game's tracks are connected in one fully open world, where players must retrieve hidden items before their opponent can.