Last month, Sony Santa Monica Studios revealed that they were looking to hire up to 50 new developers for their "next big PlayStation 4 game." A recent leak, immortalized on NeoGaf, has given us a bit of insight on what the following God of War game will be focusing on.
The leak's original source, NerdLeaks, has been mysteriously removed from the internet for the time being.
According to the leaked concept art, mined from the website of someone who worked at developer Sony Santa Monica Studio in late 2015 (a site that has also gone offline), Kratos is going Norse. The leak went on to detail that God of War 4 would put Kratos in the center of Norse Mythology, visiting Alfheim – also known as the "Land of the Fairies."
Alfheim is one of the 'Nine Worlds' and home of the Light Elves in Norse mythology. Check out the concept art in the images below:
The other nine worlds in Norse Mythology are made up of the following:
- Midgard, the world of humanity.
- Asgard, the world of the Aesir.
- Vanaheim, the world of the Vanir.
- Jotunheim, the world of the giants.
- Niflheim, the primordial world of ice.
- Muspelheim, the primordial world of fire.
- Alfheim, the world of the elves.
- Svartalfheim, the world of the dwarves.
- Hel, the world of the dead.
Whether we will visit the rest of the worlds remains unknown, but we will more than likely find out more details come E3 2016.